The DSCSigner is a cross-platform, browser independent solution for digital signature using PKCS#11 tokens. The DSC Signer is a client based solution where the DSC capabilities are installed in the client machine as a background service. The DSC Signing solution overcomes the problem of applet based DSC solutions due to the lack of browser support. The support for applets is withdrawn from major browsers and Oracle is planning to deprecate Java browser plugins starting JDK9. The signing of data is carried at the client side and the verification of signature is carried out in the server side. The solution is also cable of signing PDF files with visible signature stamping in the document. DSCSigner solution is supported in all the major operating systems viz Windows, Linux and macOS. The solution can be integrated by applications developed in Java, PHP and .NET etc.
- Browser independent and plug-in free solution for digital signature
- Supported by all major client operating systems like Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Support data, pdf and xml signing
- The signature is generated in PKCS#7 Cryptographic Messaging Standard, the signature is interoperable across various applications.
- Can be easily integrated with any applications irrespective of the technology used for development
- Supported by all major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Apple Safari.
- The DSC Server-side API service can be hosted centrally and shared across different applications.
- Certificate Revocation List check may be done using daily updated CRL files while registering certificates and during the signing process
- Supports auto token detection and configuration of digital signature certificate tokens on signing attempt
- Support data signing with https request to enable the application hosted on https to invoke the services of the DSCSigner client.
- Provision to position digital signature stamping in the last page of the document
- Provision for wet ink signature placement last page or all pages.
- Provision to sign using server time for PDF signing.
- Provision for time stamping PDF using trusted Time Stamping Authority(TSA)