eBT of NIC Kerala bagged the prestigious CSI Nihilent e-Governance Awards 2016
NIC Kerala bagged the prestigious CSI Nihilent e-Governance Awards 2016 under the Category: Award of Recognition for the project 'EBT (Electronic Benefit Portal) for Government of Kerala'. Shri. T. Mohana Dhas, SIO Kerala receiving the award from Dr. Ajay Kumar IAS, Additional Secretary, MEITY. Shri. Ajith Bramanandan, Technical Director and Nodal Officer from Department of Agriculture.
INFORMATION AND DATA EXCHANGE ADVANCED SYSTEM - IDEAS
‘IDEAS’ is a web-based application developed by NIC-Kerala for tracking files and petitions in the Chief Minister’s office, Offices of the various Ministries, Govt. Secretariat and other Departments. It has been developed under LAMP platform and hosted at State Data Centre.
- Automatic Petition / Tapal Number generation, Automatic GO Number Generation, 24 X 7 System availability, Data Security, Reminder Services, Performance Monitoring reports, Employee Contact details, Personal Register, PR Calendar Statistical reports, Meeting Management and Seat based Roll mapping.
- Login details are unaffected by transfers.
- Reports generated can be pushed to other officers.
- Issuance of Pass to Visitors (VFC) Operational in 40 Departments in Govt. Secretariat, 21 Minister offices, all the three Visitors Facilitation Centres in Govt. Secretariat, Port Directorate &Vizhinjam Harbour Office, Motor Vehicles Department (Head office), Forest Department Head office and 9 Subordinate Offices. 25 Offices in KSEB, Department of Public Instructions, 4 Chief Engineers Office in PWD Town Planning Department (Head Office) and Excise Department (Head office).
- CSI ICFOSS Open Source Award 2015
SPARK - SERVICE AND PAYROLL ADMINISTRATIVE REPOSITORY FOR KERALA
SPARK is an integrated HR and payroll package for employees of Government of Kerala, AIS officers, AICTE / UGC and Judicial staff and part time employees. Presently, the service details of 5 lakhs employees of 30000 offices are being managed and their salary bills are processed through this software. Permanent Employee Number for all employees is allotted through the system. Facilities in the software includes, salary and arrear bill processing of employees, Leave surrender processing, processing of overtime allowance, bonus, festival advance, performance allowance, honorarium, claims other than salary, online leave management system etc. The system maintains data dictionary of various rates/ slabs with respect to all earnings, which helps computation of various earnings.
After processing of salary and other benefits, the bills are e-submitted to treasury using web service and the salary of individuals gets credited to their bank account. Entitlement of Government aided school employees are authenticated using digital signatures by officers of education department. Interface is given to individual employees to view their salary, loan, leave, GPF, accounts and personnel details. Transfer and postings, LPC generation, increment sanctioning, income tax calculation, form 16 generation etc makes SPARK a unique application for establishments of Government of Kerala.
- 41st SKOCH summit 2015- Order of Merit Award
REALCRAFT - REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OF FISHING CRAFTS
ReALCRAFT is a demand driven project envisaged to enhance coastal security with a system of identifying each fishing vessel by unique registration number. The ReALCRAFT Application is operational in 164 locations having 5000 trained officials working in 9 states and 4 union-territories. The application has a database of details of about 3 lakh fishing vessels into one national database. It has helped coastal security agencies in uniquely identifying and monitoring the fishing vessels in the sea, keeping at bay illegal, unregistered and unreported activities. Real Craft improves coastal security, fishermen security, and ensures benefits such as kerosene and petrol subsidy along with insurance to fishermen.
Beneficiaries of the project includefishing vessel owners, security agencies such as coast guard, navy, coastal police, fisheries department and related agencies of 9 coastal States & 4 UTs, Mercantile Marine Department, MPEDA, DGLL, Insurance agencies, State and Union Ministries.
The registration certificate has a barcode mechanism, which helps the security agencies to trace the history of fishing vessels. It provides an online facility where vessel owners can stay updated on the status of submitted applications. Recording of details of crewmembers venturing into sea for fishing will be integrated with this system soon. This facilitates to further strengthen the arms of costal security agencies.
- The ReALCRAFT Software successfully designed and piloted in Kerala. Gap Analysis was done to rollout software to all the 13 coastal States/UTs. Software has been successfully customized for national rolling out in 9 Coastal State and 4 UTs
- Carried out site inspections and provided technical guidance for site preparation to all 166 ReALCRAFT Centres in the country
- ICT infrastructure procured, deployed and commissioned at all ReALCRAFT centres in the country successfully. 166 ReALCRAFT centres are networked through MTNL/BSNL’s Broadband
- Series of training and sensitization programmes organized for the fisheries department officials (around 4000 officials)
- ReALCRAFT Software has been successfully security audited as mandated by the Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ensures scalability, reliability and availability, security audited software has been deployed on secure dedicated servers at the NIC Internet Data Centre, Hyderabad (http://www.fishcraft.nic.in)
- Operational from 166 locations along the coastal line
- Around 3 lakhs vessels have been registered
- Around 800 users are accessing the system
- Stakeholders - Navy, Coast Guards, Marine Police, Fisheries Authorities, Ministry of Home Affairs, DRDO Labs associated with Coastal Security, DGLL etc.
- Legal issues - Marine Shipping Act 1988 modified
- Security agencies like Coast Guards, DGLL uses unique Registration Numberin their National Automatic Identification System (NAIS) for Fishing Vessels.
- CSI Nihilent Award for Excellence 2015
- Order of merit award in the 41st SKOCH summit 2015
e-Office is a Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Programme (NeGP) of GoI. e-Office facilitates simplified, responsive, effective and transparent process of carrying out office procedures electronically in all government offices. The product has been standardised to make it reusable and customisable for replication across governments and local bodies. The e-Office is envisaged to usher in a single collaborative workspace for government.
NIC-Kerala facilitated implementation of e-Office at various Government offices such as the Secretariat, Collectorates and some of the Directorates. Implementation involves a systematic government process re-engineering, migration and a step-by-step conversion of files from physical to electronic files.
- CSI Nihilent e-Governance Award of Appreciation for e-Office project 2015
- SKOCH Summit Order of Merit Award 2015
The Treasury Department, Government of Kerala, has decided to receive payments electronically in addition to the conventional modes of tax payment accepted by the government. eTreasury is a software successfully developed by NIC-Kerala for electronic payment of Kerala in which acceptance of on-line payment of Kerala State’s taxes through the web portals of various banks has been facilitated. This does not have any implication on the existing procedures of the Department. To make ePayment of taxes, a taxpayer is required to have net-banking account with any of the banks listed at the site ‘http://etreasury.kerala.gov.in’.
- 2015 CSI Valiant Runner-Up Award for best project
eDistrict Kerala is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under NeGP which aims to bring citizen services closer to home. Common Service Centres (CSC) and online portal are the points of contact for citizens to avail services provided by various departments. 40 services of different departments are implemented under the project which includes 24 Certificate services of the Revenue Department, Right to Information (RTI) services, Grievance submission and processing, Revenue court cases, Payment services like electricity bill, water bill, BSNL phone bills, University payments and e-Challan to police department.
Under this project, all Village Offices, Taluk Offices, RDO Office and Collectorates are connected on KSWAN / NICNET. More than 2400 Akshaya centres are designated as CSCs for services delivery. Under this project, 1.83 Crore applications for various certificates and delivered online (as on January 2016). All these applications are processed through a workflow built in to the system and the digitally signed certificates are issued through CSCs/ online portal.
Individuals can apply for citizen services at any CSC or through online portal and need not have to visit the government offices for availing these services. Thus the convenience of the citizens has improved much as more CSCs are in place than the number of offices. Applications can be filed at any of the CSCs irrespective of locations of related government offices and thus saving money and time. Since entrepreneurs run the CSCs and they work beyond office hours, citizens can avail the services after government office hours also. The project has been rolled out in all the districts of Kerala as on March 2013.
- Order of Merit Award in the 41st SKOCH summit 2015
PRICE - PROJECT INFORMATION AND COST ESTIMATION
Central Public Works Department (CPWD) of GoI releases revised version of Analysis of Rates and Schedule of Rates every year. CPWD has incorporated cost index for every States to get a normalized rate for preparing the estimates. PRICE is workflow-based software developed by NIC-Kerala for the Public Works Department of Government of Kerala for preparation and approval of estimates along with its project proposal.
The dynamic generation of Data Analysis of Rates (DAR) as and when the DSoR changes along with the software’s recalculation feature facilitates the department to prepare estimates with the latest DAR and convert the existing estimates to the latest DAR.
PRICE was launched in January 2014. It has been made mandatory that all estimates shall be prepared, submitted and processed only through PRICE. Hence steps are afoot to induct PRICE in the Roads & Bridges wing of PWD and other engineering departments (Irrigation, Agriculture, Harbour Engineering, Ports, LSGD Rural & Urban).The department of Agriculture has implemented PRICE on 1stOctober2015.
The Ministry of Rural Development (MRD) identified PRICE as the tool for cost estimates of works related to MGNREGA. The software has also been customized at MGNREGA Portal and has since been piloted in Kerala. MRD is planning for national rollout of this software.
- CSI-Valiant e-Governance Special Jury Award at the event of CSI Golden Jubilee e-Governance Awards, Kerala (November, 2015)
- Award of appreciation at CSI Nihilent e-Governance Awards, 2014-15
Award of excellence - 2015 in recognition to the e-Governance initiatives
DIO, Malappuram was presented with the award of excellence - 2015 in recognition to the e-Governance initiatives. The award was presented by Shri. P.K.Kunhalikkutty, Hon' Minister of Industries and IT.
Digital Champion District Collector - Manthan Award for District Collector, Kannur
Sri P Balakiran IAS, District Collector, Kannur has won the Manthan Award ‘District Collector Digital Champion’ for the year 2014. He was selected from more than 50 nominations received under the category.
The Award has been given in recognition to the ICT initiatives taken up by the District Collector in Kannur. The projects implemented by the District Administration with the technical consultancy from National Informatics Centre were showcased during the Summit. The role of Akshaya as CSCs for the service delivery was also a remarkable point during the summit. The district level initiatives such as eSAND/Nirman@ Kannur, ICT usage during the Parliament Election 2014, eDistrict project in Kannur and the Road Trenching Permit Management System (RTPerMS) were special interest projects during the Manthan Award Summit at Delhi. The usage of biometric devices for attendance register management and digital signature for issuing certificates by Tahsildars and village officers were remarkable ICT usage for the good governance.
The District Collector has expressed his special thanks to NIC team for the support in ICT projects implementation in Kannur.
Palakkad District bags Best e-Governed District award
Palakkad District Received the Kerala State e-Governanace Awards 2011-13 under the Category of “Best e-Governed District”.
The award was distributed by the Hon’ble Minister for IT Sri. Kunhalikutty on 12th November 2014 at Thiruvanthapuram. Certificates of recognition were given to Smt. Sreelatha L., DIO, Palakkad and Sri. Suresh Kumar P., Addl DIO, Palakkad by the Hon’ble Minister.
Idukki selected as Best e-Governed District
Idukki District received the First Prize under the category of "Best e-Governed District" in Kerala State e-Governance Awards 2011-13 for offering maximum e-services to citizens in the District.
The Award ceremony was on 12/11/2014 at Thiruvananthapuram during which the District Collector along with DIO and JS has received the award.